- No one is permitted to purchase, shoot, or rent a firearm without meeting federal, state, and local requirements to possess a firearm.
- Shooters cannot be prohibited by law from purchasing or possessing a firearm to shoot at City Arsenal.
- All shooters must present a valid driver’s license or similar ID in addition to their City Arsenal Safety Card to use the range. IDs are held for each person entering the range over 18 years old until shooting is complete and the bill is paid.
- After viewing a brief safety orientation video and passing a short verbal quiz, shooters with be issued a safety card valid for 1 year.
- No person from outside the range is to give instruction for pay without prior approval from City Arsenal management.
- Shooters under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult, who must handle any rentals or ammunition purchases.
- Shooters must be at least 21 years old to rent a handgun, machine gun or purchase ammunition for either firearm.
- Anyone 18 years old may rent a long gun and buy ammunition for a long gun.
- Minor children may shoot with a responsible adult.
- Shooters must supervise their children at all times!
- No smoking in the building, ever!
- No food, drink or tobacco products are allowed in the range at any time.
- Eye and ear protection MUST be put on BEFORE entering the range.
- Only two shooters are allowed on a lane unless you obtain prior approval.
- Without prior approval, spectators must remain in the retail/lounge areas.
- Any person with limiting physical conditions must ask shooting range personnel for assistance.
- Due to the possibility of lead contamination, expectant mothers are NOT allowed on the shooting range at any time,
- Wash your hands after shooting and before eating, drinking, or smoking,.
- All firearms are subject to inspection by range personnel.
- All firearms must be holstered, flagged, or unloaded and cased AT ALL TIMES when outside the shooting range stall.
- Firearms must be unloaded and cased, holstered or flagged before leaving the shooting range.
- No long arms can be loaded before entering or leaving the range.
- While in the shooting stall, DO NOT reach beyond the stall for any reason.
- NO ONE IS EVER TO MOVE OR REACH ANY PART OF THEIR BODY IN FRONT OF THE SHOOTING LINE, unless accompanied by range personnel.
- Do not carry firearms from stall to stall unless they are unloaded and cased, holstered or flagged.
- All firearms must be kept pointed downrange.
- If you encounter problems while shooting, place the firearm on the stall table, pointed downrange, and alert range personnel.
- Never point a firearm back towards the store area, laterally towards other stalls, at other shooters, or handle behind another shooter.
- FAILURE TO CONTROL MUZZLE DIRECTION WILL RESULT IN EJECTION FROM THE RANGE.
- Upon hearing the command CEASE FIRE, immediately unload all firearms, lay firearms down, and step back from firing line until personnel allows you to return.
- All rifle fire must be aimed fire – no shooting rifles from the hip.
- Shooters will be financially responsible for all damages caused by errant shooting. Damage to cables: $100. Damage to target hanger: $50. Any other damage will be assessed as needed.
- There are no caliber limitations.
- Reloaded range ammunition cannot be removed from the range, or otherwise discarded. We will not charge for unopened, unused ammunition.
- All ammunition must be jacketed. No armor-piercing, incendiary, or tracer ammunition.
- You may bring your own ammunition or purchase ammunition to shoot at City Arsenal.
- If you are using your own ammunition, it will need to be inspected during sign-in.
- When using City Arsenal rental guns, we require you use our ammunition.
- Used brass must be disposed into provided containers or swept forward of the firing line.
- No brass is to be thrown away or taken away from the range.
- If shooting your ammunition, you may take your brass.
- The range and its staff will not be held liable for damage or injury incurred from the use of purchased ammunition. You must contact the ammunition manufacturer to resolve these issues.
SHOOTING RANGE BEHAVIOR
- To enter the range you must sign a liability release, even if you’re not shooting.
- All guests must behave civilly. We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding arguing, shouting, threatening, intimidation, pushing, or fighting. Such behavior may result in expulsion from the range, possibly permanently, and is wholly at the discretion of City Arsenal management.
- Range personnel may deny access to the shooting range for anyone who appears under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Please report any observed unsafe behavior by others.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM EXPULSION FROM THE RANGE.